Today is the 10th day of the 10 Day Gutbliss Detox that D and I are doing. With how crazy work is right now for both of us, and the winter weather kicking in, meals haven’t gone quite as well as we had hoped, but I can tell you that we are feeling a TON better, and both of us have shed some “bloat” weight these past 10 days. I have dropped about 7lbs, and D had already dropped 7lbs by day 5 (men!!). We are both eating more now that we were, and feeling pretty good, too! I am looking forward to adding foods back in and figuring out what exactly was the cause of the many issues I had been having, and that D had been having. I’m thinking mine was gluten, and his might be dairy. We will find out! Adding gluten back tomorrow and will see what happens.
A quick 10 day recap for you…
10 Things from 10 Days of Gutbliss
- Wow. Need lots of water with lots of fiber.
- Green juice in the morning works just as well as a pre-workout or coffee. I have had enough energy in the mornings (even with crappy sleep) to push myself hard in the gym.
- When you add ground flax seed and psyllium husk to smoothies, you don’t need protein powder or dairy elements to make you feel full.
- My PMS symptoms improved *exponentially*
- My skin is actually more clear. Attribute to added water or the mainly plant based diet?
- I miss cheese.
- I can eat more calories and lose weight if I’m eating the right calories. I’ve averaged about 2,000 calories a day on intake, versus the 1,600 I was having before (and not eating back workout calories).
- Apparently all rice is not gluten free… Only brown rice.
- I haven’t had a headache in 10 days!
- When I have a craving, eat it – just make it work. Example: Turkey Burgers with guacamole and caramelized onions on sweet potato “buns” when craving a huge burger.